Proposed Sessions for Product Camp Silicon Valley 2012

Online voting is now closed. The top 18 sessions will be presented in the morning at Product Camp on March 24 2012.

The event is officially sold out! For more information, go to http://svproductcamp.weebly.com.

If you proposed a session and have not already been contacted before March 18, please send an email to svpcamp2012@gmail.com.

Proposed Sessions

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It's Time for a New Class of Product Manager...Because Something Has to Change!

Most product teams get everything they can from individual products. But in many cases, it’s not enough to satisfy the organization’s aggressive growth goals and it leaves a huge gap between corporate goals and product initiatives. When that gap exists, “shiny new object” syndrome kicks in and product teams are forced to react to every new idea or opportunity that promises to remedy the organization’s growth challenges. It’s a path of distraction and over time it creates a perception product teams aren't strategic. The truth is most product teams aren't structured to be strategic. Something has to change! It’s time…

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      planned  ·  1 comment  ·  The Job  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • How to break in to Product Marketing and Product Management

A search of job listings shows many openings require 3-5 years experience in product marketing or product management. If you are not in PMM or PM already, what do you do about that?

Panel speakers will discuss their paths to the profession and best practices on making the jump.

Bonus: You will also hear from a 2011 svpcamp attendee who made the leap.

65 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • How To Become an Independent Product Management Consultant

Contrary to popular belief, you don't need to be an employee to do some of the most interesting product work in the valley.

So, if you LOVE product management and product marketing work, but...

* you want to see your family more
        * you want to learn more in one year than you have in the past five
        * you want to have a bigger impact on the industry, and work with several interesting companies in a year
        * you're inherently entrepreneurial and want to control your own destiny
        * BUT you want to do all this without sacrificing your…

55 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Creating Influence, On Demand: Rapid Rapport

Who do you know who might know someone who could SEE a benefit in CLEARLY sharing their ideas? Or, do you simply wish you could persuade stormtroopers these are not the 'droids they're looking for?

Would you like to influence how others perceive you when networking, leading teams or interviewing? In this interactive (that means audience participation!) session we’ll cover:
          * Why this works
          * Simple, verbal techniques to build rapport fast
          * Practice on how to build and break rapport (helpful to keep discussions concise!)

Come learn some simple, yet subtle techniques to shift communication effectiveness by a factor…

26 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            under review  ·  2 comments  ·  The Job  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • The Product Management X-Factor

Product managers are asked to be strategic, tactical, technical, and business-oriented at the same time. Despite our diverse backgrounds, some product managers seem to be more effective than others. Join Pragmatic Marketing President Jim Foxworthy for a discussion about what turns regular product managers into rock stars.

12 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              under review  ·  0 comments  ·  The Job  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya…

Join Pragmatic Marketing President Jim Foxworthy for a fun look at the product management lessons hidden in the film “The Princess Bride”. What you will learn is nothing short of inconceivable…

11 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                under review  ·  0 comments  ·  The Job  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Proposed Sessions for Product Camp Silicon Valley 2012

Feedback and Knowledge Base